Private Investments: Exclusive Opportunities For Added Diversification
Private market investments can offer additional return and portfolio diversification opportunities for Accredited Investors and Qualified Clients whose tolerance for risk and illiquidity support long-term capital commitments.
We have a process-driven approach to selecting our private investments. We call it the 5 Ps of private investment selection:
- People: The quality of the management team
- Process: The quality and repeatability of the manager’s investment strategy
- Performance: A proven track record of performance
- Price: The cost of the investment
- Positioning: Allocations to private debt and private equity across asset classes to generate both yield and expected return
Private investments have specific characteristics that make them risky and unsuitable for many investors: they are illiquid; they often bear higher expenses and sizeable minimums; they typically require great effort to analyze and monitor; and, in some instances, they contain the potential for total loss of capital.